Monday, August 27, 2007

15 August 2007

It has been a frustrating few days. Our house is being painted so we have extra people inside and can’t let Lydia and Grace play in half the house because the walls are wet. We talked about going to a hotel for a few days, but it just did not work out. The internet has not worked since last Friday, so that has been very frustrating as well. Then yesterday Mandy was showering and suddenly I heard her calling my name. She needed a bucket of water from the rain tank because we were out of water.

Our outside faucet had developed a leak (would not turn off); however, when I looked at it on Saturday, it was not leaking at all. It turns out that someone decided to fix the leaky faucet by turning of the main line to our house. I don’t know if they were hoping for a "thanks", but I certainly was in no mood to give one. Now, 28 hours later, no water yet has come from the city. Thankfully, we have plenty of water in the rain tank.

The other nice thing is that we have made some friends in the process. I went to visit the Mannes family. I guess I vented a lot because they invited us over for supper. Then they even sent a pan of lasagna home for us to eat today. We felt so blessed by their friendship.

Hopefully the internet will work again soon so you can read this.

No comments: