Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amuria

May 20

Josh taught all week in Amuria. He taught on Marriage & Family. It was very obvious that God wanted to use the teaching because Josh was being discouraged and attacked left and right.

Monday Jennifer went with Josh and on the way home the motorcycle “fell apart” and they went crashing to the ground. I guess the bolt that holds the seat and engine on severed causing the tires to cease. Thankfully they were going slow because it wasn’t running well. Josh went down on his hands and leg. He was a bit scrapped up but had a jacket and gloves on. His leg was really sore all week from taking the fall. Jennifer on the other hand took the fall on her back and has been hurting all week. Josh felt terrible. A car saw it happen and helped them get a truck to take them and the bike to town.

So now Josh is looking for a new (used) motorcycle. He no longer feels safe with this off brand bike. You can pray for continued healing for Jennifer. She is a difficult patient seeing she is a nurse herself. I have stayed on her though with my motherly instincts. She assures me she is slowly getting better and does not need to be checked.

The rest of the week Josh would be sick in the morning. Thankfully he was able to teach and was fine the rest of the day. He was quite discouraged throughout the week and tired, but it didn’t stop him. Thursday I went with Josh and of course the van wouldn’t start (loose connection). We had to borrow another vehicle to get to Amuria. However, the van started up right away the next day when we tried it. Sounds like spiritual warfare to me.

But we won! Josh was able to complete the Marriage & Family teaching and I am sure God is using it for His glory. I am reminded how important and powerful prayers is. I know it is because of prayer that God protected Josh and Jennifer, kept Josh from sickness, and used the teaching to change lives. At the end of the teaching they prayed for Josh and I. The old man – who rides his bike 16 miles to get to the training – blessed us. I don’t know what he said (it was in Ateso) but I was touched by his shaking hands upon me. God is using us to bring His Word – His plan – to the people here. Lives are being changed by the Holy Spirit’s work. It is worth the discouragement knowing God is with us. He will accomplish is will – build His kingdom.

No comments: