Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pray for the Persecuted!

I just had to take a minute to post this.  My heart is crying.  As I sit here packing all our things (too many things!), comfortably in air conditioning, without of thought of being harmed, really focused on myself...and I dare to thing about complaining about something!  As I read a little bit about what is happening to my brothers and sisters in Iraq I was in shock - horrified.  Instead of dismissing it because it hurt too much and "I can't do anything", I stopped to feel.  What if it was my daughter ripped out of my arms to be used as a sex slave at age 11?  Or my babies torn and murdered before my eyes!?  Oh God!  All I could do is pray.  God help!  We need to cry out to God on behalf of the Christians in Iraq.  God is weeping and we need to join Him.  Pray with me and also do your part in signing your name on things that will help our brothers and sisters.  It saddens me how much we do not know.  We hear "news" here that is junk!  I posted at the end an update from Open Doors.  We have no idea these things are happening daily!  This is the news we need to be hearing about, so we can pray.  May we not forget our brothers and sisters suffering for their faith around the world.  Don't let them become out of sight out of mind.  Pray! 

The stories are almost too terrible to believe.
Jihadist ISIS terrorists are massacring Christians in Iraq.
They're abducting Christian women and selling them as sex slaves.
Children are being beheaded, others crucified.
Tens of thousands of Christians are fleeing for their lives.
ISIS now reportedly has access to weapons of mass destruction.
The only thing standing between Christians and death at the hands of these barbarians are the people of Kurdistan who are offering refuge and protection.
Yet, the Kurds are running out of ammunition. They are out-gunned by jihadists bent on genocide.
America must take a stand. We must defend Christians.
If we do nothing, they will die.
We're working in Congress to rally support and aid for Christians and arms for those who would defend them. We're aggressively engaged at the United Nations to raise this grave humanitarian crisis.
Join us in defending Christians. Make your voice heard.
Jay Sekulow
ACLJ Chief Counsel


More News, Stories & Events

No comments: