Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Faith Through it All

Nov. 17, 2014

As I have shared we have been going through some difficult times.  I wish I could say things have gotten better but honestly this has been the hardest things we have ever been through.  Our conclusion; we are at battle against the evil one.

In this time of trial I have cried out to God like never before.  Holding on to faith with the last bit of strength I have.  I have searched God’s Word to endure.  I know God is my Refuge, my Shelter, my Defender, Protector, wisdom and I am loved by Him.  He will bring truth out of the confusion.  He will rescue.  He is in control.

I am not saying it is easy.  I have never been to this point in my faith where I begged God to answer, to send encouragement, to protect us.  I had nothing and was counting on the prayers of others for me.  I never doubted God but was tired.  God did send love and encouragement.  Our Ugandan neighbors and friends came.  Their love and faith encouraged me.

The battle isn’t over, but God is with us (and for us).  I would love to share all the scripture God has spoken through, and maybe I will little by little, but I know it was for me.  The Psalms, Job, and the life and ministry of Jesus lead me on.  Thank you for praying for us as we obey the Lord through these trials.
 
My prayer from Psalm 31
In You, Lord, I take refuge; let me not be put to shame; deliver me in Your righteousness.
Turn Your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Lead and guide me.  Free me from the trap that is set for me.
Into Your hands I commit myself; redeem me, the God of truth.
I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.
Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.
My life is full of anguish.  My strength fails because of my affliction, I am weak.
BUT I trust in You, Lord, You are my God.  My times are in Your hands.  Deliver me.  Let Your face shine on me and save me in Your unfailing love.
Let me not be put to shame for I have cried out to You.  Let the lying lips be silenced for with pride and contempt they speak arrogantly against the righteous.
How great is Your goodness for those who fear You, for those who take refuge in You.  In the shelter of Your presence You hide them.  In Your dwelling You keep them safe from accusing tongues.
Praise be to the Lord, for He shows His wonderful love to me.  You heard my cry for mercy when I called to You for help.
I love You Lord.  You keep the faithful but the proud will be paid back.  Be strong and take heart all who hope in the Lord.   

1 comment:

K J Chimienti said...

Josh and Mandy,
You have my prayers.