Friday, June 19, 2015

16 Years!

God sure loves us!
  After being sick for days, I thought our anniversary was going to go by without celebrating. 
But yesterday, June 18, was my first day on the mend.  Josh had to teach all day so the kids and I decided to surprise him with an anniversary supper -- a family anniversary supper!
Lydia helped by making the dessert -- individual cheesecakes with blueberries on top (we used our special, use  once and gone, ingredients -- it was a celebration) and with the bread.
We had the nicest, simple, but special family anniversary meal.
The kids asked us about our wedding day, how we met, how Dad proposed...
They knew the stories but they love them and it is special to them too.
I am thankful God allowed this wonderful evening to happen, 
for children who enjoy special things, and for a marriage of 16 years to my best friend. 
I love him more today than our wedding day.   

No comments: