Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Grandpa Van Manen

I got the call from my mom today that Grandpa died.  (See blog below for more details.)  I didn’t know it would be so hard.  I just cried.  I want to be there.  I am thankful family was able to say goodbye and my mom and aunt were there as he died.  I am thankful he went to Jesus peacefully.  I will miss Grandpa.  I love him.  Our girls were all tears too and Luka didn’t know how to handle his emotions and told me his eyes were watering.  Our house help, Lucy, saw me crying and knew my grandfather died.  She cried with me and told our neighbor and they came and all prayed with us.  I am so thankful for friends to love us. 
We arrive to Michigan Tuesday evening.  The funeral may be Saturday or Monday so if there is anyway we can get home earlier and have closure with the family we will try to do it. 

Thanks for your prayers.




No comments: