Friday, February 19, 2016

Update

Thanks once again for continuing to pray for us.

I have been sick for over a week now.  Thankfully not down and out, but also not myself.  Sunday I thought I was recovering so I went to church but by Monday I was feeling sick and in bed again.  Tuesday I ended up with an ear infection.  I have not had an ear infection since childhood and it simply hurts!  The pressure behind the ear was so much it finally put a hole in the ear drum.  My ear hissed, popped and leaked for a couple days.  Now I can't hear out of it because it is plugged and it has a static noise.  Praying all is healed in four or five days.  I am dealing with nausea so I am still often laying down.  I am not sure if it is the antibiotic, the ear, drainage or all of it.

So basically we have still not adjusted to life here, we are just trying to survive.  Nothing is normal when there has been so much sickness to deal with and when mom is down and out.  The kids are helpful and positive, but Josh and I are struggling.  Everyone has pitched in to help get home school done each day.  We aren't well enough to do much, yet at times we are well enough to be bored.

Elections took place yesterday and we continue to pray for peace in Uganda.  Many stores are closed and people are not moving around waiting to make sure unrest doesn't occur.  It all adds to our loneliness and not being able to adjust as everyone waits to see what happens.  Continue to pray for Uganda's peace and safety.  

No comments: