Sunday, June 19, 2016

17 Years as One!

I could not be more grateful to God for 17 years of marriage.  I now understand why marriage gets better and better - because our oneness continues to grow.  Knowing someone so completely and intimately is a precious gift.  I have complete trust and security with Josh.  I watched our engagement and wedding video the other day with our kids.  We enjoyed a good laugh seeing how young we all were (and what we wore), I cried seeing and hearing our grandparents who have passed away, and mostly I was in awe of how God has been so faithful.  Before I walked down the aisle the pastor asked Josh is he would love me selflessly and give up himself as Jesus loved the church and gave Himself for us.  Josh has lived that out in our marriage to this day.  Marriage built on and done God's way is a beautiful thing.  God created and designed marriage as a gift and blessing.  It has been  true of my marriage for 17 years.


Washing each others feet

Down memory lane - these are a few of our engagement photos from Sept. 1998

Our honeymoon to Flordia



Our 15th Anniversary - we renewed our vows


June 18, 2016
We celebrated our 17th anniversary overnight at Sipi Falls.

No comments: