Saturday, August 19, 2023

Ministry Opportunities


Josh was asked to fill in on the radio in Soroti for a few months for a fellow missionary.
He is teaching the Grace Course.  I went with him the other week to see what it is like.  I enjoyed seeing Josh teach with such ease and hearing what the callers afterwards had to say.  Praise God for another opportunity to share His Truth!




Lydia and I were asked to come and share with a group of teen moms.
Our friend Maggie has opened a ministry called Hope for Silent Voices where she trains teen moms different skills and trades.  Lydia is SUPER passionate about prolife and helping girls who have chosen life for their child so it was right up her alley.  I fully agree and support that the issue of Life needs to be addressed here, so I was glad to go and see and share.



I decided to read the book God's Very Good Idea by Trillia Newbell.
It is the Gospel in a kids book and it is great!  They loved it too.  I then went on to tell them this is a true story and it is the story in the Bible.  We shared the Gospel again and asked if anyone wanted to receive this free gift of Salvation.  Four girls put their trust in Jesus!  Praise the Lord!!!  I gave every girl a Who You are in Christ bookmark and we read them aloud together and talked about which one they liked.  I tried to over emphasis, if that is possible, how much God loves them.  No need to seek love - you ARE loved!  Then we handed out note cards with verses on that the girls enjoyed coloring.  You cannot understand how rare and special coloring is even to teenagers here.  We are thankful we were able to meet these young ladies and share God's love with them!

Josh is asked to come to churches and peach all the time.  It is more accurate to say they want our whole family to come, but most of the time now days we let the kids stay home and go to our church and Josh and I go to visit and share.  Last month we went to our friend Michael's church.  We had a wonderful day with our friends.  (And I mean all day - 8:30am to 5pm.)  A few of our friends from Obule came with us and as we were waiting in the visitors hut for the rain to stop and for our second lunch (fed at church, snacks, and now a meal at our friends home) they began to share about what life was like during the rebellion.  From time to time we hear stories from the Teso rebellion but this time our dear friend was sharing his personal experiences.  How he had to sneak around, was caught and let go because they though he was only a boy not a man, how it was illegal to transport and sell fish, the death of this father and others, and about his imprisonment.  The way he was tied, beaten, not fed much, worked to almost death, and how God saved him.  I sat back thinking ten years we've known this man and I never knew some of this.  How much my friends here have been through.  I marvel at how they when on with life, didn't go through counseling, aren't messed up...and how they were freed through forgiveness.  Humbled.  There is still so much I am learning.   

No comments: