Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kampala

April 16

I went to Kampala with Tim and Tabitha Sunday to Tuesday. Tim had to pick up his new laptop and I needed to take Tabitha, our house help, to see a doctor. Tabitha has had pain since 2004 and the doctors here were not finding the answer. We went to the international hospital in Kampala where they did tests and said it is a pelvic infection but because it has lasted so long it is now chronic. It is good to have an answer but sad she basically has to live with the pain. We will see how the next few months go then decide if we need a second opinion. Tabitha seemed really down about it all especially because it may cause infertility.

I also had a scan to make sure the uterus was empty. The paper came back saying the “abortion complete.” It made me cry just reading it. I am so emotional and up and down lately. I cry when I think about what we have just gone through, when I think about our baby, how we would be feeling pregnant right now, when I hear worship music, or feel alone or confused. Sometimes I can talk about it fine other times I just cry when I try. I saw a lot of pregnant women getting scanned while I was being scanned for a different reason. I see babies everywhere. It all makes me just think and feel. Sometimes I feel God’s peace in it all and other times I wonder why.

I really missed Josh and the girls the short time I was away. It was good for me. I don’t ever want to take them for grated. Life is just not the same without them. I want to share everything with my husband. I’m not the same without my other half. Life isn’t as fun without Josh. We know what each other thinks, feels, likes… I really love my best friend!

(We were so disappointed that our favorite restaurant, Spurs, in Kampala almost doubled their prices. Why does it seem like anything that we look forward to or brings us some normality and joy is taken away from us? I know it must seem silly to you in MI where you have tons of places to choose from and you don’t even need that break or refreshment so much, but if you lived here you would understand. I will try not complain I just needed to share my frustration.)

No comments: