Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Family Visit

My older sister Jenna and three of her kids, Alex, Abby and Anna, came to visit in July!
This is my sister and Alex's third visit and the twins second.  They love Uganda.  I was very thankful to once again share our lives with them and for my sister to observe that our friends in Obule are our family.  She saw that I have sisters in Obule too.  It was hard for them to leave and in a small way can see why our hearts are so torn with people we love in two places. 

We visited Christ the Answer Primary School


Played jump rope with the kids


How cute it that!


We greeted friends.


This is Isaac


We visited Eastern College the high school in Obule

Toured Obule center and got cassava chips


Evening is play time...


We climbed Soroti Rock





Went to market

Had youth group on Saturday - played sheet volleyball.

Our guests were invited for meals at a couple of our neighbors. They were touched by their generosity.
Thanks for coming Hekmans!  I am thankful for meaningful time together, to listen and share, and love one another.  May the Lord use your love for His kingdom in Uganda.  Love you!

No comments: