Monday, August 20, 2007

July 24, 2007

I was able to visit the blind school in Soroti today. Josh went a few weeks ago and Barb and I wanted to see it too. Again I was so blessed by Lydia and Grace. They played with the kids and brought a lot of God’s love to them. The headmaster at the school was very nice and impressive. The school was very nice. But my heart just goes out to these kids. They are so many difficulties in a third world country. There are five year olds up to high schoolers. Some of their families don’t care for them of want them. The school is in desperate need of money and supplies. I said to Barb, it is really sad when our jails in the US are nicer than the dorms at this school. They have been there for over 50 years now. I was glad to hear that doctors come each year to check the kids and do surgeries. Sometimes I wonder how much more my heart can take. It would be so much easier not to see it at all. But that would be wrong! I wrestle with God – What can I do? How can I help? I have enough to do? I am tired. Then God reminds me, give my love. Share a smile, touch them, and show them you care. That is being Jesus to the least of these.

Lydia came up to me today and said Eugene and Tabitha’s cousin died. I said yes they did and explained that they got very sick and God took them home to live with Him. I told her that it makes us sad sometimes when people we know die and that it is okay to cry, but that we know God loves them and He loves us. Then like a normal kid she went on playing. During our prayer time she prayed for Eugene and that God loves him.

No comments: