Monday, August 20, 2007

June 24 – Monday

Yesterday we took a long, bumpy ride (almost 2 hours) to a village near Otaboi. We went to a church there to help Simon, one of the workers at Amecet, preach on marriage and family. The church happened to be Pastor Patrick, who teaches at Bethel Bible College, father's church. The village was beautiful and even gave Josh and I the urge to live in the village again. I was SO impressed with the church and the singing. They had a “band” of about ten guys playing thumb organs (or pianos). It was the coolest, beautiful, fun music I think I have ever heard. I loved it! They are so talented. It was really good. The service went really well too. Everyone was so nice and I could just feel that these people loved the Lord. It was a privilege to worship with them. Josh and John both preached and did a nice job. After the service they feed us a big meal of rice, chicken, posho, and pop. They love to honor their guests. We got home about 5pm (we left at 8:30 in the morning). What a long day but a good day. I was blessed by God's people.

Barb is helping me make a curtain for the girls room. It is SO cute! It is the colors in their quilt Mom Shaarda made. The curtain has big squares all put together like a quilt and then we made fabric flowers and bugs on some squares. I am very happy with it – and it was fun to work on.

We got out couch and chairs! Actually the original order (ordered in March) was ready a few weeks ago but I was not happy with it, so we had someone else make it. Edward has been making all of our furniture now and we are much happier with his work. He is quick too. So we got the couch and chair then I had to work on getting cushions. You would think something would be easy to do here, but no. It took me three days and two tries at it. I got very frustrated so Josh took over and helped me get it done. Like always it isn't perfect but I am happy with how it all turned out. We have a beautiful wooden couch set with dark green cushions. And we are SO thankful to have a soft place to sit!

No comments: