Thursday, September 6, 2007

September 4, 2007

September 4, 2007

Friday we had Dewires over for coffee. We had a nice time and the girls enjoyed playing. They were impressed with the home improvements. In the afternoon Angie and I went to Manes’ yard sale. How fun, how normal. I got a few things and really enjoyed fellowshipping with the ladies. We finally met the other Baptist missionary. We stayed all afternoon talking.

I forgot to tell you a few weeks ago there was a parade in Soroti to stop child sacrificing. I bunch of little kids (and teachers) marching with signs. I began to think, child sacrificing must be pretty bad (common) around here to have a parade against it. How sad.

Saturday we had a nice cloudy day, cool, quiet day here. We have been enjoying a lot of clouds and rain lately. It is nice. I even wear long sleeves on occasion.

I had a bad attitude on Sunday. We went to our neighbor’s church and as I walked there I got mad. I am not sure why really but I was upset that I see “everyone” going to church on Sunday and so few living it out all week. If being a Christian doesn’t change your life than you aren’t a Christian. I mean it has to make a difference. I am so tired of hearing about people here sleeping around and being unfaithful yet many of them go to church. It seems to be culturally accepted. I told Josh he needs to be preaching on this sin. When I got to church I started to soften. How do I know you these people are or what they do? Am I to judge? No, I am to give grace. Oh, what a sinner am I. I bowed before the Lord, asked for forgiveness, and worshipped Him.

Monday, Labor Day, we actually got to do something fun to celebrate. We were invited to Dewires for a grill out. I love having things out of the ordinary to look forward to. We had a really nice time. I think it is so nice for the Baptist to include us. The ladies were asking Angie and me all about how we do this and that. The guys even talked all afternoon. The kids had a great time playing and were so good. (What a lot of kids, I think about 14 and four of them are two year olds.) Not to mention how good the food tasted. A real American summer meal – burgers, baked beans, potato salad, dessert… What a fun day.

No comments: