Tuesday, June 24, 2008

9 year!




June 20

Josh and I just got back yesterday from our 9th anniversary get away. We went to Lacam Lodge in Sipi Falls (same as last year). It still is one of my favorite places to go with my husband and one of the prettiest places on earth. It is so special to me. The view is breath taking and you can sit right in your room to see it. The lodge is built over Sipi Falls on a cliff that over looks the valley and hundreds of miles beyond. It is SO quiet and private. It is like no where else you will ever stay. The lodge has no power and uses lantern at night that set a romantic atmosphere. The hot shower, heated by fire, has a widow so you can still enjoy the great view. You stay in a banda made of bamboo. The only noise you have is the brook, falls, and birds. We did whatever we wanted for over 24 hours! No schedule, no kids, good food, beauty, and quietness. What an anniversary! We ate (a four course meal at night), soaked up the view, napped, drank African tea, read, spent time with God, hiked a little… I cannot tell you how much I needed this time of quiet beauty. It was just what my soul needed. The last few weeks have been really ruff being sick and brought me really down. I really sought after God and asked Him to restore me. I had a wonderful morning with God as Josh hiked to the caves. There is something about coming close to God surrounded by the beauty of His creation. By the end of our time I felt joy and peace again. I also felt connected to my husband again. I need time with him. Time to just be together, time to talk, and time to reconnect. What a blessing! Like last year I didn’t want to leave and can’t wait for next year.

No comments: