Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas has begun...


Dec. 3

Here it has been almost a month since I have written. Time really does go fast here. We are thankful though it has been a blessing. A good balance of busy, routine, relaxing, and sharing. Let me fill you in a little on what we have been up to.

Lydia’s grade was in charge of the Thanksgiving chapel. She was grandma in the play and did a great job. She has the personality to act. Last week the elementary had their Christmas program. What a stage full of kids! They did a wonderful job and it brought me to tears. I am glad we are here for the girls to be apart of these special things and that we get to see them in them. We also had parent teacher conferences and I was so proud of the girls. The teachers only had good to say about how they adjusted, their joyful attitudes, and how well they do in school. Praise God!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I so appreciated our church service. They had a beautiful orchestra and choir. The singing was wonderful with a church full of people. We had lunch at my parents with most of the family (the others came for supper). My mom always has everything look so nice. We had all the traditional food. I was in charge of the pies. I love the smell of them baking in my house. I didn’t do so good on my diabetic diet but was back on track after the holiday weekend. It was a warm, sunny day so we took a walk by the river and the family played it’s annual football game. The girls also did some Christmas crafts together. It was a great day but special days always go too fast.

After supper we drove up to Mc Bain to be with Josh’s family. The guys hunted a while on Friday, we played games, had another Thanksgiving meal because Mom and Dad wanted to celebrate with all of us (they stayed home with Mom’s back still recovering from surgery), and we watched the snow begin to fall. I really enjoy when we all stay together at Dad and Mom’s. We always create new memories.

Saturday my parents came and we went further up North with them. There was even more snow up there! I loved it. It looks like Christmas. We stayed at a hotel with a small indoor water park. Lydia and Grace loved it and were in it all afternoon. Luka was nervous with all the buckets spilling out water and all the noise. The water was too cold for me but I did go down a couple slides then moved to the much warmer pool. We all thought it was quite funny when a bucket of water got Grandma right away. Sunday morning we woke up to three inches of fluffy snow. We drove to our supporting church in the Upper Peninsula on very snowy roads. The trees were beautiful! After church and a potluck we drove back home (where there was no snow) so we could be ready for school and a new week. It was a full but enjoyable weekend.

Josh and his dad each got a doe the other week. Our kids think it is so cool. The Shaarda family like to eat the heart so grandma boiled it up to eat. Grace didn’t care for it, Luka and I didn’t even need to try it, and Lydia loved it. It makes me laugh to think that she will be a little weird not for living in Uganda but for eating and liking deer heart here in MI.

We are really enjoying being apart of our new church. We all love Wednesday nights when we get to have supper there, the girls go to GEMs, and there is an adult teaching. Josh and I are also apart of Bible studies there. We are glad we are able to get to know people, feel so loves, able to grow, and be apart of things at church. The other night they had ice skating at the rink for families. Josh was thrilled to ice skate again and the girls did so well. Lydia is begging to go again sometime.

We have been speaking every Sunday. A few weeks again we spoke at one of my favorite churches. It seems every time we speak there the Holy Spirit is present and at work. I am never the only one who cries when we speak there. It was another true time of worship with them this year. Josh preached a powerful message that spoke to all of us. I am so thankful for supporting churches and people who are passionate with us for Christ’s work in us and in the world.

This past weekend I went on our annual women’s get away. This year my mom, sister, aunt and two other friends went. Every time we do some thing it is a bit different. This year my mom and I planned it for the ladies. We started with a relaxation massage and appetizers then went to my parents cottage for fondu and chocolate fondu. We all enjoyed a long night of eating and talking. Friday we slept in a bit, went out for breakfast and shopped (literally till I dropped - I was so tired). Saturday we had breakfast at the cottage and hit a couple stores before our weekend was done. Unfortunately, I got the flu or food poisoning Friday night and felt yucky all day Saturday. Bummer. The ladies were hoping I was going into labor and had a plan. They thought it would be a great memory to make. (Can you imagine me and 5 ladies in the hospital -- funny!) I am thankful for our ladies weekend. We talk so much and are able to just enjoy. I love them all and pray for them all year.

Last week I got our Christmas decorations up. I want them up as long as possible. I love this time of year. Everything looks beautiful. We also went to the Christmas parade that is at night and all in lights. I am really getting tired and slowing down so I hope we are able to enjoy all the fun holiday festivities this month.

As you can read overall we are very much enjoying our time in MI, but I do have to say we have our moments when we really miss our team, friends and church in Uganda. I think about how special we have made the holidays there and realize what a great job we have done. Some times I am sad or even mad about the culture here and how God’s people have followed. We can stand out here pretty bad. Some people appreciate us and some think we are just weird, don’t understand, or are judgmental -- at least that is how it feels. We just keep living out our love for God and pray.

And last but not least let me fill you in on how the baby and I are doing. I am now 37 weeks. The baby moves lot each day -- it is a joy seeing my whole belly move. But the baby always seems to stop when others try to feel. Last week I was dilated to a centimeter and was low. The doctor asked if I thought I would go early. I asked what she thought. She thinks so. But it is all guessing right now. I waited at 4cm with Luka for three weeks. I have only gained a couple pounds in the last month so I am happy with that. My belly is big but at least not everything else. I have really been enjoying this time in the pregnancy and how it looks but this week the baby is way down there and I am tired. I think God is preparing me to be ready. I have an appointment today so we will see what the latest is. I have a bag somewhat ready, blankets washed, and cameras ready so when the time comes we should be pretty ready. My dad would like to see the baby born on 12-12-12. We will see…

Ladies Weekend - chocolate fondu

Practising for School Christmas Program


 


37 weeks!

More pictures below!

No comments: