Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Thankful for Mom!


I just want to express how thankful I am for mothers.  What an important role they have played in my life.  My mother was always there for me and still is.  I loved that she at home to greet us after school each day.  She gave me security, comfort, taught me, and took care of us.  I loved that she made even little things special.  My mom shared the Lord with me and showed it by loving people.  She loved all people no matter how different or challenging they were.  I am thankful I know my mom as a friend.  She has always given me her support, love and many prayers.  

My Grandmothers played an important role too.  They loved me, spent time with me, and made me feel special.  I treasure all the games we played, books we read, sleepovers, and just being together.  

I am thankful to also have a great, godly mother-in-law.  She has welcomed me, received me, loved me, helped me and supports and prays me.

Life is going fast and many of our dear grandparents have passed away over the last few years.  It has made me really value people dear to me.  I am so grateful for them.  Their love changed my life.  I want to honor and love those so very dear to me today and as long as the Lord blesses my life with them.

I am so thankful I am Lydia, Grace, Luka and Emalai's mother!  I know it is a gift from God and a very important role.  I am taking care of God's children!  I love that I get to be with my kids every day seeing change and walking through all of life with them.  I am grateful I get to teach them and see them grow.  I love knowing we are training them in the Lord through our words and actions.  I love being mom!

I also realize Mother's Day can be very painful for some people -- long to be a mom, hurt by your mother, had an abortion, don't know your mother, lost your mother... I have been praying for you.  God will meet you in your pain, hurt, anger, questions, desire, healing.  

No comments: