Monday, June 19, 2017

Choirs Recorded

We were very excited when our friend Dan Dwire heard the worship in the prison and asked if we thought they would be willing to be recorded.  We love the worship at the prison!  It is beautiful, enthusiastic and full of talent.  They have a band of my favorite local instrument - the thumb piano.  The prison choir was also excited about the opportunity to be recorded.  After the recording was approved by the officers, Dan came for the recording.  We are all very excited to share this beautiful music from a ministry we love.

Dan was also able to record our church choir!  One day after women's Bible study Rose was teaching the ladies a new song she wrote.  I love listening to them sing so I asked if they would be interested in making a CD.  Rose said, "That is my dream!"  So for about two months Rose and the church choir worked hard practicing for the recording.  Rose wrote many of the songs from scripture verses.  I enjoy taking Lydia and Grace to practice and listening to the beautiful harmony.  I was impressed with my girls learning so many Ateso songs.  Everyone was excited the day of recording.  It felt so professional to have mics and to hear them after the taping.  It was so much fun to be apart of.  The choir grow close over the weeks too.  I am thankful they are still meeting, practicing and singing in church each week.  They bring me to worship the Lord.  I can't wait to hand them the CD and to hear them on the radio!  I am so proud of all the work they did and the way they are using their gifts in worship.






Our choir director, Rose.

UCFM church choir -- plus a few :)   I love these people!

No comments: