Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Ladies Tea

I had a ladies tea a couple weeks ago.  I felt God wanting me to bless the ladies while I had time on our school break.  The women here never get a break.  I wanted to give them a place to rest, enjoy, and fellowship together.  I encouraged them to bring a neighbor or friend too.  I was thankful 21 women came.
We started with a craft.  Women don't get to be very creative here and they love gifts.  We made salvation bracelets and bookmarks.  That way the friends they took could hear the Gospel and they could go home and share with their families and others too.


Lydia and Grace served the ladies tea - hot and cold (new for them) - and goodies.

Margret shared the Good News with the ladies.

I shared on Mary and Martha.  We have a lot of work as women but Jesus clearly said one thing is most important.  He wants us to seek Him first, be with Him and rest in Him.  We need Him!  He knows we have many distractions and worries and invites us to come to Him.
I think the ladies had a good time.  I know I enjoy being with them.  I pray the Lord encouraged them and that the Gospel was and will be shared with many through the bracelets they now wear.

We enjoyed extra time with our neighbors and friends on our school break.  We helped harvest, greeted people, and learned how to make sim sim treats.  This is my friend Carolyn.  She had us over to make a sweet treat from sim sim (sesamie seeds).  It was fun to learn something new and good too.


Carolyn's kids have never tasted because sugar is expensive and the treats don't fill stomachs.  Treats are just that a treat that they can't afford. 

No comments: