Tuesday, January 17, 2023

FIC Uganda Retreat

 

January 11-13 Freedom in Christ Uganda Retreat
Our prayer for the retreat was that the FIC teachers and their wives would know they are appreciated, they would have a time of rest, fun and fellowship, encouragement in being part of the FIC team, and they would be treated to a nice place to truly retreat.  Empowered and loved!

We stayed at Soroti Hotel and it was great!  Nice rooms, quiet, beautiful grassy area to play, good food, wonderful staff, and my favorites: AC and hot showers!

We had a great balance of teachings and relaxing.  Josh did a great job, as always, encouraging us with God's truth on growing strong through rest and personal transformation, in our marriage and family, and in ministry.


We had a lot of fun activities, trying new things, and being together.
Josh led us in a hike to a rock we climbed to see a new perspective, know that God is our Rock, and to pray for this land and people to know Jesus as Lord.

(The rock in the background is not the rock we climbed, but the one we wanted to.  It would have cost 600,000ush and a lot of time getting permission.  Thankfully the rock we did climb was just as meaningful.  Unprompted, some of the people took a rock or a plant from the rock to remember God is my Rock and I am rooted in Him.  Love it!!! )

The short climb up.  The hotel is in the background.


Josh encouraging us to see things from a new view, how God may see things.
To rest in Him as our Rock, firm foundation.
And led us in prayer for the Ateso people who still need to know Jesus.




Very powerful to all pray together on the Rock.



I love this man and serving together with him!

Wonderful times of nothing - rest, fellowship, and enjoying.  Something these people almost never get.

At night we played BINGO and they loved it!

Day two: Strengthening our marriages and families.

Couples working on demolishing strongholds in their marriages.
What little things do we need to work on before an explosion? 
We had a marriage scavenger hunt so the couples could have time together having fun.

Our kids joined us on day two.

Team games in the afternoon!

Our kids always have fun!  I love that they join in and are a part of the ministry with us.

I love that these adults love to play like kids!  They enjoy every silly game we come up with and some are as competitive as any man around the world.






Working together!

We loved that the staff at the hotel often joined us in worship and to watch us play!


Talent Night!

FIC Uganda can dance!

Day three was focused on growing stronger in ministry through Christ.
Worship time.

We ended our retreat with prayer over one another.




Everyone was so appreciative and they are so good at recognizing the woman behind a great man (all I have done).  This is how they clap for to thank someone here.

FIC Uganda Teachers
Josh told them that they are might men/women of God from 1 Chron. 11.
Dedicated their lives to God's work and fulfilling God's plan. 

We are so thankful for a super fun, relaxing, and encouraging retreat with the FIC Uganda team!
I admit like with any retreat, it was a special time and I come home feeling sad it is done.
Can't wait till next year!

Some of the testimonies from the retreat:
  • My husband was with me not away in the trading center.
  • Being with my wife next to her all day was my joy.
  • I never had a honeymoon but since being on this retreat I’m on a honeymoon with my wife.
  • I thank God for bringing me to this rest.  He gave me time to be with my husband.  We move a lot but this time we moved together.
  • As a wife of a FIC teacher I am thankful we were included.  I am going to share what I learned with my family.
  • It is a great day because I was able to step into this nice hotel and rest with my wife.  Thank you for welcoming me.
  • God has answered my prayers.  I always travel past this hotel and ask God when will I enter there?
  • I move around a lot teaching FIC.  My wife asked is this freedom.  I asked God if I should leave teaching.  Since being here I have been given strength to continue.
  • Thank you for loving us!  You have not left the wives behind to weed the garden.
  • Thank you for bringing us to this place of rest.  My wife and I have learned it is good to get away.
  • Marriages are low and broken, but this has raised them up.  For the teachers in FIC to be strong the spouse needs to be too.  Continue this please.
  • My request is that we do this two times a year.
  • I appreciated the view from the rock.
  • I am thankful for this place.  I am not a big person (not important).  I ride a bicycle.  But now I know I am something because I stayed in a room up high (upstairs) in this place.
  • The games were so good!
  • God is in this group of people.  The teachings were so good.  My wife and I have a new marriage.
  • I want to thank FIC and those who teach in the prison.  It is because of you that my husband came to Christ.  (We had 3 former prisoners at the conference who are now teachers.)







No comments: