Monday, August 20, 2007

May 15 – Tuesday

Last night we had a really nice rain and with it came another hatch of flying ants. I normally would have been quite annoyed by a hundred ants flying in my house but last night I just laughed because of my girls. Grace was super scared of the ants and was walking around saying, “no, no.” Lydia came out of the bath and ran around naked chasing the ants trying to get them. I just smiled with amusement.

Angie and I took the girls to Amecet, YWAM orphanage, for a visit yesterday. If you can remember, John, the guys who's sister-in-law died, her baby is there now. The baby's name is Petra and is so little (1.8 kg I think). But looks very healthy thankfully. There were a few other new children but the others we are starting to get to know. Our girls were a bit clingy at first and Lydia was quite disturbed letting babies cry in their beds. But soon the girls were helping give the babies bottles. Lydia played great with the older kids and had a great time. Grace sat by a baby, who is suppose to be her size, and held his hand. Angie sure loves kids! She always has one scooped up in her arms. Some of the children have HIV and have dry skin and rashes. We had a nice time there and it is good for all of us.

No comments: